The JOIS Editorial Board
Dr Simon R Dodds MA, MS, FRCS. Editor, Consultant Surgeon, Health Care Systems Engineer and Co-Founder.
Dr Kate M Silvester BSc, MBA, FRCOphth. Health Care Systems Engineer and Co-Founder.
Mr Davis Balestracci Jr., MS. Statistical Advisor. (website)
The JOIS Publisher
Published by ImprovementScience.co.uk, Birmingham, England.
Only available as an on-line electronic journal.
The JOIS International Standard Serial Number
The JOIS Charter
- JOIS is for sharing essays related to any aspect of the Science of Improvement.
- Readers must be Registered to download published essays, offer feedback and submit new essays.
- Essays require a declaration of originality by the first-named Author.
- Essays require at least one Sponsor to proceed.
- The role of the Sponsor(s) is to assist the Author(s) to develop the essay to an acceptable quality standard.
- Published essays remain the copyright of the first-named Author.
- The first-named Author of a published essay is eligible to Sponsor submitted essays within their scope of expertise.
- Published essays are ranked according to number of downloads.
- The first-named Author can modify and re-submit an essay as a updated version.
- In the event of disagreement the decision of the Editorial Board will be binding.
- This Charter is subject to change without notice.
The JOIS Publication Process
- The Author(s) of a new essay register as Readers.
- The Author(s) prepare a first draft title, abstract, keywords, co-authors, content, and reference list.
- The first-named Author emails the first draft to the Editor.
- The keywords provided will be used to invite appropriate Sponsors.
- One or more Sponsors must volunteer to assist the Author(s) with the development of the essay.
- The Sponsor(s) and Author(s) will communicate directly to complete the essay.
- The final version of the essay is emailed to the Editor in Word format by the first-named Author.
- The essay is assigned an unique reference, a version number, added to the database and published on-line.
- The first-named Author is then invited to join the community of Sponsors.
- The published essay can be downloaded by registered Readers.
- The published essay can be withdrawn or amended and re-published by the first-named Author.
- This process is subject to change without notice.
The JOIS Pledge
- JOIS pledges to respect and protect the ownership of published work.
- JOIS pledges to encourage the highest quality of published work.
- JOIS pledges to keep all personal data secure and confidential.
- JOIS pledges to never share any personal data with any third party.
Version 2.0 (31st July 2017)